Thursday 12 February 2015

Bitten by an Aspex

funny engrish menu item failThe Aspex Gallery is a funded place of arty learning in an old naval warehouse in Gunwharf.
They have resident art graduates and lots of peripatetic university visitors and are set up for school visits so that's what we did.
aspex gallery gunwharf portsmouth school art tripMy class went down in a minibus after an early lunch and we drew mythical creatures all over an old sheet and set it up on a support pillar over an old cardboard box and hey presto, an ancient Greek warship.
aspex art gallery gunwharf portsmouth build ancient greek warshipLooking at the raw materials, I reckon the stuff from Bud's workplace (from which we made all the castles and things in the "Cardboard/Joy of Box" link on the right) would be much better so we might offer some.
aspex gallery art project zeus greek godsAnyway, Ben 1 made an oar with a devil snake on it and Leyton made an arrow and Ben 2 archeried him with it and we all took it in turns to board the Galley or was it a Quinquereme. Or Dhow. Or Junk.
I drew a large fish for the hull and also a call-to-arms "Zues is coming": those naughty letters always get mixed up, I might use it as the starting point for my next cult for stupid people, see zuesiscoming.org @ the Church of Holier Portents and Miraculous Comets, sign away your life savings now, based in Pasadena.
On the way out we watched some Policemen and a woman with a very fluffy dog, more fluff than dog.
Tonight was the Valentine's disco but I really don't like the school discos because it's hot and loud and you can't go outside, maybe I'm 53 already.
Later we visited the park but it was too cold for it to be busy so we played football until I threw a stick and got him in the mouth and he said a bad thing and I sulked, 'cos that's logical. Half term tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.