Monday 23 February 2015

Break a Leg!

engrish product funny fail silly name does not translateSecretly I didn't mind going back to school. We took in my 3 Lego ancient Greek artefacts but we jointly decided not to take in the clay model of 'Rampant Medusa on Jaunty Plinth' because it is so outlandishly ugly it could give the little people nightmares.
So anyway, we were doing a rehearsal for the school play in which I take the lead part, and we were just setting up the lounge scene in which Stacy's Mom (She's got it goin' on) comes through between the sofas (school chairs on box things) to offer everybody a cup of tea when I realised that it was going to be a tight squeeze so I shifted out of the way a bit and the back leg of my plastic-bottomed chair wasn't quite on the box thing any more. For legal reasons it is entirely my fault that I was balanced precariously above a chasm with only fellow pupils to break my fall.
injury at school falling off stage unsupervisedI described a graceful curve backwards off said box thing, toppled off stage left and graunched my back on the central heating pipes that run around the wall of the assembly hall. Everyone gasped, and didn't burst out laughing, which was nice. The offending back leg of the chair, not content with removing me from the stage, clanged Harry in the head as well so once I'd finished howling and was removed to the office for medical assessment, Harry came with me for a head-bump note, and 2 girls got eczema, though this may be unrelated. I had welts and weals, and yelps and squeals, as you can hardly see by this image of my manly torso. BTW, yesterday Jof complained about our brass shell casing collection taking over the room (some of which you can see on the mantelpiece) and pointedly asked are we going to get any more. It's a collection, we said. But we hid 18 of them in the loft to show goodwill, all the steel and aluminium ones and a few others.
But by the time Bud got there to pick me up early, I was back on my feet and hobbling around like a recent stoma patient and I got sofa-time with pain medicine (chocolate) and some ibuprofen for flavour. The show must go on! Just maybe with better chairs ...
In Cub Scouts I took along my cress seedlings experiment and the food-diary homework. We played football and I got into the team which will be playing 5-a-side on a weekend near you and we could have used a Ben but he left Cubs because it wasn't football. Plus there's a double-sleepover camp in the summer they haven't told me about yet. In fact, I jumped up and down so much when I found out it was pasta for supper, you'd hardly know I'd been mortally injured in an avoidable health-and-safety-at-work incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.