Sunday 22 February 2015

In Space, nobody can hear you Sulk

'Twas the day after beer, and all through the house, everything was silent for ages. Jof wanted to go shopping on her own so we tagged along to make it fun. I won a WHSmith pre-paid card as a prize for some kind of feat of reading, so we took it to the WHSmith in Southsea to try it out, but for all we knew, it was just an empty card.
blockopedia hexagonal minecraft book
Buy a book, he said, and I'll make up the difference in cash. Well, I'm banned from buying any more Horrid Henries and I've done the Potters and I've got 35 Pratchetts all lined up so I selected 'Blockopedia' by Minecraft, a hexagonal tome that details the characteristics of every available type of block each with a little bio, details of their favourite hobbies, photos of them in action etc.
Well, Blockopedia was a mere thirty of your Earth sovereigns and he said no, I'm not buying a Minecraft book so I said well let's go then. I gave him one more chance to recant this terrible insult by saying it's not fair, you said choose a book and you're not buying it for me, and he agreed, I couldn't believe it.
So I sulked my way round Waitrose with Jof which was exactly what she'd planned to avoid. It's nice seeing how the other half shop, people there were tall and thin, overly made up and probably owned horses, or were effete chaps in their fifties who had probably been called to the bar, but may not have heard. But the rain and wind had started so we stayed in and watched Peabody and the intoxicated twosome and were lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.