Tuesday 3 February 2015

Philosophizing about my Name

kerb crawler pickup zone gigoloThere was snow this morning. Not much, no tobogganing for us, just a slightly enhanced sodium glare in the cool morning air. It didn't last long.
On to more important things. I have got my script and part for the school play 'Going for Gold'. I am to be "Phil O'Sophie", a trainer for Olympic hopefuls in Ancient Greece, just with a mildly unfortunate punny name, I mean, I know girls called Sophie.
I have 45 lines, ahead of Mr Dark Side himself 'Hades' with 42 and way ahead of King-of-the-gods 'Zeus' with a mere 30. Colleague Poppy is an exotic dancer and so is Ben, although he is Ancient Greek Rap dancer MC ΡΪΣ≡ϾΉΆЯΓ. Another is Suzie's (my athletical protégé) Mum and her job is to continually offer tea and sandwiches that nobody ever wants.
For Maths we had to devise 'Word Problems' for the Year 3 kids for their Maths open day tomorrow.
hotel tycoon asmodee esdevium games
I set a problem about money (ie if I have x amount in my current account, y amount in a sock under the mattress and z amount in a high-yield ethno-reversible sasquatch bond, how much am I worth in total before tax?) but Ben was more inventive with a question about a sabre-toothed tiger who eats 4 bits of meat per day, if he starts with 204 bits of meat, how long will it be before he realises his friend is nicking his meat, and eats his friend?
Jof and I played 'Hotel Tycoon'. It involves dice-led travel around a board with money spent on hotel complexes, for which any opponent landing thereupon must pay fees based on the extent of said hotel complex. Money is bandied about and hotels expand or shrink based on the fortunes of each owner, until one super-owner forces all the others out of business. But it isn't Monopoly at all, honest. I won. Not that I am commercially-minded in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.