Friday 10 April 2015

Selling the Family Silver

Goodness me, I didn't stop today, apart from all those rests.
camping water containersFirst we drove to the Scouts lock-up and took out all 9 giant water butts and the scrap aluminium and some rusty saws and broken cooking utensils and dead car batteries. We also donated our Camouflage net because it did its job at New Year's Eve and it'd probably get more use by camping Scouts than sitting in our loft. It's useful to have a longer-than-average car to fit all this stuff in.
I got my time on the computer while Bud washed out all the water butts because they have to keep a whole campsite supplied with water, beer etc.
bossuet metal recycling limberline spur portsmouthAfter a surprising fishcake lunch we drove to an industrial estate full of lorries and met a man about a dog, or actually about the scrap aluminium. He took the ironware and batteries as well which saved us a trip to the tip and gave us a cheque for £15 payable to the Scouts and he did it all on the books but when Viktor arrived and asked apropos of nothing if he could have £100 in fivers, the boss took out a wallet like a half-brick and exposed his giant wedge, from which he peeled 20 fivers which didn't appear to reduce it in size at all.
That left us lighter in weight and we negotiated the lorry slalom and dropped off a bag at the charity shop and found 'Horizones'. This is the soft play area in Havant Leisure Centre which was originally brought to our attention by Ben and we'd had a birthday party or 2 there and I was there only 3 days ago with Jof, in the pool.
horizones havant leisure centreThere were only about 20 kids there so I chased Bud around and some of them were having a ball-pit-ball slinging match and I'm just not as thuggy as the local kids so made myself scarce.
After 2 hot hours we drove to B+Q and looked for bow saws (not good enough) and bamboo (acceptably priced at £4) so half a victory at least.
I still had to do scheduled swimming and when we returned we said hello to Jof and went right back out again for my evening run and we had sausages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.