Tuesday 13 October 2015

Holy Smoke? Powder Burns

elevator buttons control panel design failA very normal day at school, apart from where Jof met me afterwards as she had an accounts meeting in which she tried to determine how the previous parent-volunteers of the Friends Of The School could afford their personal yachts.
I showed her all the stuff in my new classroom because she hadn't seen it before. Then she went and cleared out the cupboard under the stairs, which is where the Friends Of The School keep all of their fundraising kit. It is where the air fresheners that I sold at the fair had gathered dust for so many years, and today Jof extracted 3 carloads of unsaleable books, plastic items of unknown provenance and boxes full of glass bottles, never a good idea at a school made entirely of brick and asphalt.
Today I got a rejection letter following my audition for the Pantomime 'Jack and the Beanstalk'. I took the news better than may have been expected. Now, I knew that was coming, not because I have Priori Incantatem/Deja Vu/voices from the future, but because I knew that during the audition itself (no parents allowed) I had simply sat down and read a book the whole way through because I didn't want to do it.
This caused disappointment for the parent who sat downstairs and read a book on an uncomfortable chair for the whole 2 hour duration of the audition which I had specifically asked to attend, and which some might say is the entire point of acting lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.